Social media is a powerful marketing tool for your business. But are you doing the right things to attract people to your Facebook page? Here’s a simple guide to get the most out of your business presence on Facebook.
Take these initial steps when creating your Facebook page:
- Choose a category and page name – Make sure that it is indicative of what your business is and what you do.
- Write a compelling About section – This section will explain to people what your business does. It should be a quick, concise and compelling snapshot of your company’s expertise, location and contact information. Remember, search engines will pull from the About section, so this can help land your business at the top of a search.
- Pick a vanity URL – This may not seem important, but make sure you set a memorable web address for your business’ page so that you can use it on outside marketing materials.
- Select a cover photo – Choose a photo that represents your company’s brand or displays a product or service that you provide.
- Select your profile photo – Choose a photo or logo that people can immediately identify with your company.
- Create tabs that drive company goals – The 4 featured boxes, plus the 8 hidden below them, are tabs that can drive your company’s Facebook goals. These tabs are customizable to explain more about your brand, sell a product, garner subscriptions or create a new contest.
Once your page is set up, it’s time to start writing content that engages and attracts more people to your page. Here are some tips on creating successful posts:
- Stay short – Posts between 100 and 250 characters get about 60% more likes, comments and shares.
- Be visual – Photo albums, pictures and videos get 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement, respectively.
- Get optimized – Page insights help you learn about your followers such as what times people engage most with your content, so that you can post during those hours.
Facebook has over 1 billion users around the world and is the most popular social media network in the world. Your business must be set up to take advantage of this audience.